• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL answer me this ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dick

Thanks for your response(see dick 12/29).Let me ask you this? This case was dismissed by the plaintiffs own accord.
After I told them,I can prove their lying(receipts,doc.,etc.
).They even lied on the original deposition with false in-
formation(address,phone # etc.).An example of lies in the
case"claimed I stole jewelery from them". I was ask to get
jewelery from pawn shop.Paintiff gave me the tickets and I
got the items out.I paid 390.00 for it.Which were returned.
Plaintiff gave Maryland court a list of jewelery which was
not returned.Those pieces were given to her spouse(which has
since passed away.)Where he put them,who knows?The thing is
there's stuff she claims I took which don,t even exist.She
never thought I would go to pawn shop for copies of rec.
I never did get my 390.00 back.All the claims I can prove
are lies.Plainiff is mentally ill and states that in depostion.All claims happened in N.Y. but I'm being sued
in MD where she now lives, I even have proof plaintiff
used my credit card ilegally. If I go to court not only do
I think I'll win but plaintiff might get locked up(credit
card not only thing I have on them). Any idea's

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

If everything happened in New York, and she filed her case in Maryland, guess what ?

The Maryland court has no jurisdiction to hear the matters or claims of Plaintiff.

Write a "Special Motion to Dismiss Action" to the Maryland court based upon lack of jurisdiction.

As to the case in chief, and your evidence, I have no idea because I haven't seen the complaint, nor your evidence to rebut the allegations. But, from what you say, it could be alleged that you stole the pawn ticket, and kept the jewelry yourself.

You never mention why you would be the one to redeem the jewelry, nor whether you obtained a receipt for delivery of the jewelry to its rightful owner. So, in that regard, and without further information, I would say you'd lose.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it must be a duck. In other words, from a circumstantial evidence point of view, it looks like her allegations could be true, and all she needs to do it tip the scales ever so slightly in her favor to win.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">