• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for getting Thinner?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandi Holguin

What is the name of your state? CA

I was fired for no apparent reason, I have never been written up for anything, I have worked there problem free for six months, in the past three months I have organized a break walking group and done some major dieting, in result I have lost a total of 48lbs. Today I got fired with no explanation other then "you just weren't getting it". I feel this is not the case, I feel my unattractive female boss has terminated me for being better looking then her. Is there anything legal I can do?:confused: :confused: :confused:

enjay

If she wanted to fire you because you are prettier than she is, she could. I doubt that is the case.

Brandi Holguin

You doubt me because you've never seen her. I am over qualified for the job, and work very hard to complete all tasks in a beyond timely manner. It is a mediocre paper pusher position with little intelligence needed. More then likely you are right, she can fire me for being more attractive then her.

BelizeBreeze

Brandi Holguin said:
You doubt me because you've never seen her. I am over qualified for the job, and work very hard to complete all tasks in a beyond timely manner. It is a mediocre paper pusher position with little intelligence needed. More then likely you are right, she can fire me for being more attractive then her.
Unless you can prove that you were fired for a PROTECTED class (sex, national origion, etc.) you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">