• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjshawna

What is the name of your state? Arizona

:eek:
Summary-
objective-re-instate AZ DL due to default judgement for NO SHOW for 1. speeding 2. no proof ins. 3. registration complaint dated back in november 2003 TODAY went to court where complaint filed and motioned court to set aside judgement .I had with me my proof of insurance and registration information to show I was in compliance - and as for no show, out of town on business. Judge did not grant
PROBLEM; This morning at 10:00 am mst I have court hearing with another court because of a complaint issued for driving on a suspended. This hearing I was to produce a re-instated license (of which I tried to get unsuccessfully yesterday).
Do I have to file an appeal or can this case be transferred to the new complaint judge that has my driving on suspension - speeding ticket?
What can I do other than pay the 1,700.00 to the court for the original complaint?
What are the options here?
Can I present my case to this latter judge I am seeing tomorrow and have him review all the insurance paperwork etc. which shows my coverage on the vehicle in question? can he even do anything at this point? Because this complaint is a direct result of the first complaint does this qualify the judge hearing my current complaint to make any changes to the old complaint for the motion not granted. Can I request a motion to consolidate these 2 seperate complaints due to the direct relationship one has on the other?

The Occultist

A judge cannot undo another judge's ruling except by appeal, and if you appealed, your case would not go to either of the two judges you have interracted with at this point.

No, you cannot consolidate the two cases. You may think they are related because they stem from the same problem, but driving on a suspended license is in fact a completely different crime from speeding, and thus will have its own trial with its own ruling (by the way, I can tell you now: you're guilty).

You've shown yourself to be highly irresponsible at this point. You do not deserve to have a driver's license. Good day.

cepe10

The Occultist said:
You've shown yourself to be highly irresponsible at this point. You do not deserve to have a driver's license. Good day.
I'd have to say the same for you occultist. I noticed last week a flat bed trailer took one of the traffic impeder's out the other day on I-81. Since you claim to be one of the self righteous "responsible" driver's that must mean instead of flowing along with traffic at the design speed you drive below the speed limit oblivious to the pile-up of car around you. Either that or you are a corrupt LEO and simple ignore every law in existence.

To jjshawna - you can only ask the court and try... obviously the state prosecutor's do it all the time for their own convenience. the only question is if the court wants to be fair or not.

The Occultist

cepe10 said:
I'd have to say the same for you occultist. I noticed last week a flat bed trailer took one of the traffic impeder's out the other day on I-81. Since you claim to be one of the self righteous "responsible" driver's that must mean instead of flowing along with traffic at the design speed you drive below the speed limit oblivious to the pile-up of car around you. Either that or you are a corrupt LEO and simple ignore every law in existence
He's irresponsible because he missed his court date, and then decided to drive on a suspended license. That's what a judge would notice as well. You can have a good day as well, though.

jjshawna

The Occultist said:
He's irresponsible because he missed his court date, and then decided to drive on a suspended license. That's what a judge would notice as well. You can have a good day as well, though.

Actually, I beleive I was out of town on business and the court hearing was simply overlooked and then****************************.just forgot about for one reason or the other. It wasn't that long ago, I didn't even realize my license was suspended. I don't try to make myself out to be a saint, but I wouldn't say that I am just Irresponsible either**************......what is that saying???????????? oh yeah! **** HAPPENS

My complaint here is, I am trying to get my ducks in order**************.so why is the law making it harder to accomplish? It makes me ill to my stomach and sadden at the same time . One would think either it's an ego power trip OR Corruption that takes priority in the judicial system. Not what it should be!

PS**************Im driving to get to work, to make money, to pay for bills and provide for my family!

The Occultist

Yes, you're right, corruption in the judicial system caused you, as you admitted, to FORGET about your court date.

You have to look at it from the court's point of view: you've given them no reason to think you are responsible.

And by telling us all that you're still driving on a suspended license, you're still not proving me wrong about you being irresponsible. Haha if you get caught again you're definitely screwed. Have fun with that.

jjshawna

The Occultist said:
Yes, you're right, corruption in the judicial system caused you, as you admitted, to FORGET about your court date.

You have to look at it from the court's point of view: you've given them no reason to think you are responsible.

And by telling us all that you're still driving on a suspended license, you're still not proving me wrong about you being irresponsible. Haha if you get caught again you're definitely screwed. Have fun with that.
Tell my why my character is even in question! When it's the proof I have (the evidence of insurance) That is the legal item in question. So tell me, because I did have the insurance, isn't it legally wrong for the system to just pretend as though I didnt?

The Occultist

No. You were provided with the opportunity to show your proof of insurance, but instead you skipped the trial. The court owes you nothing.

CdwJava

jjshawna said:
and as for no show, out of town on business.
Never a good excuse.

You're lucky. You could have also received a bench warrant for your arrest.

because of a complaint issued for driving on a suspended. This hearing I was to produce a re-instated license (of which I tried to get unsuccessfully yesterday).
Do I have to file an appeal or can this case be transferred to the new complaint judge that has my driving on suspension - speeding ticket?
Appeal what? You say you have yet to appear on the suspended case.

You have two seperate cases. They will be treated seperately unless your attorney can successfully move to join them ... not sure that this will work, however.

What can I do other than pay the 1,700.00 to the court for the original complaint?
Fight the original charge in court and hope you win.

But, if you can't win, you might only be spending more money to delay the inevitable.

Can I request a motion to consolidate these 2 seperate complaints due to the direct relationship one has on the other?
You can try. I wouldn't expect it to work, though.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">