• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caboose

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was recently ticketed for careless driving (113mph in a 70mph:() up until this gigantic lapse in judgment I have had a clean driving record, I'm 26 and have been driving since I was 16. My question is should I even bother to fight this ticket? I will say the officer was kind enough not to impound my car take me to jail and charge me with Reckless Driving (a misdemeanor). If I was to fight this could the court impose additional fines, fees?...could they charge me with Reckless Driving instead? My fear is how sky high my insurance will go with 3 points added.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Last edited:

The Occultist

You probably won't get very far trying to fight it, but you can always attempt some sort of plea bargain, especially if your driving record for the last 10 years is good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">