• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thebatman

so, i have not been having a positive time at my job for the last few months. as time progressed i have been getting the felling that my supvisors are out to get me. most recently, when at work:
as a management team we have "rotations" where we have specifed times that we work and take breaks - this applies to all employees at our facilty. when there is a lot of staff on on a particular day, the management shares a rotaion. i was informed that we were getting staff from another facility and that i was to be on my own personal rotaton at least until they arrived. when that staff did arrive, my assistant manager was rewriting the rotation and i was still on my own and not included in the management rotation. i told the AM that i was to be in the rotation with him now and he simply replied with a no. i went to my manager and restated what he had told me about what he, the manager, had said about me joining the management rotation. he just told me that i was remaining in my rotation and i told him that it wasn't fair.
i hadn't been feeling well all day and had intended to leave earlier but stuck it out for the sake of the team. i told my manager that i wan't feeling well and that i was just going to go home. he said ok and as i walked away, he said something to the tune of if i didn't want to be there that i should go home or stay home...
i find out that later that day i was written up (diciplinary action) for just getting mad and leaving. in my opinion i had permission to leave. am i wrong?

mitousmom

What does your company require an employee to do to obtain permission to leave the workplace? Did you follow those procedures or the practice? How does the company let you know that you have been given permission to leave?

From your recitation, it doesn't seem to me that you asked for permission to leave. You simply told your manager that you were leaving. Given that your statement occurred immediately after you told him that his decision not to let you join the management rotation was unfair, the manager's conclusion that you were mad was reasonable.

thebatman

thank you

thank you very much for your reply - i really do appreciate it. does anyone else have a viewpoint on this?

BelizeBreeze

thebatman said:
thank you very much for your reply - i really do appreciate it. does anyone else have a viewpoint on this?
Yes, I would have fired you on the spot.
Grow up or find a new job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if you had permission to go, and I do not agree that you did, it would have been legal to write you up for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">