• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring Practices/Discrimination/Consumer Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minottpm

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have been employed with a Fortune 500 company for the past 12 years in various positions. In March 2006, I accepted another salaried position in another division of the organization and immediately experienced a culture shock. It was as if I signed on with a totally different company. In any event, my current leader has demonstrated various legal opportunities which stems from violation of EEOC/Civil Right laws, Fair Credit Billing Act, and discrimination within her hiring practices. Additionally, in her plight to climb the corporate ladder, I am constantly being asked to manipulate data which doesn't leave for a very comfortable situation, and whenever I push back, I am given very direct ultimatums. On 7/31/06 this matter was escalated to my leader's boss, who in turn escalated to the HR Manager on 8/24/06. However, my observation is all involved is trying to clean up their dirty work. Unbeknownst to everyone, I have evidence to support my allegations. Because of all the undue stress, additional medical issues ensued and I am currently out of the office on FMLA, currently in my 3rd week. At this point I am really fearful to return to the office because of fear of retaliation and loss of my job and would like to seek out my options from a legal standpoint. What I would really like to do is expose my leader/company wrongdoings; however, I would like to retain the service of an attorney whereby the legal cost would be covered upon receipt of a settlement. The company in question is in the habit of settling, as they do not want the negative publicity which would impair their brand image.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

mitousmom

If you think your leader/employer is violating federal laws or requesting that you do so, you should report that behavior to the federal agencies that have enforcement reponsibility for the laws that you think are being violated. If the agencies think there is a violation they will check into it. The agencies should also be able to inform you whether your have any protection under the law should your employer attempt to retaliate against you for making the report.

As it stands now, your employer hasn't done anything to you. You made your internal report and it's being investigated. You haven't indicated anything that your employer has done to harm you or cause you any stress. Your stress seems to be self generated based on what you fear may happen, but hasn't yet happened. And, there is no legal relief for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">