• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photo Radar Ticket (REDFLEX)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

f14pilot61

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Can you give me some advice for a stationary REDFLEX camera system that took my picture for speeding on a main road and when it was delivered to my address it appears blurry and I can not incriminate myself as the driver but the ticket was also delivered to me 3 months after the picture was taken. I know that California law requires that a summons to appear has to be issued within 15 days of this same infraction. Can you clarify? I plan to fight this but I'm uncertain of the Law that governs the issuance time?
Thanks

lwpat

I assume that you are an AZ driver with an AZ ticket. AZ law requires that there be personal service. This means that you either have to respond to the court, sign for a ceertified letter, or be personally served by a process server. If none of these are done, the court has to dismiss the ticket. Most courts have a website where you can look up the status of your ticket. There are people all over AZ refusing to answer the doorbell.

CutAtTheThroat

Arizona Law requires that a photo radar notice be mailed within 90 days of the original incident date. This is not true for any notice thought that a nomination has occurred. A nomination is when one person receives a ticket and declares another person as a driver.

In regards to the process service response, this is true. According to Arizona Law, a photo radar ticket is not concidered served unless sent Certified mail or process serviced.

The Occultist

Arizona Law requires that a photo radar notice be mailed within 90 days of the original incident date. This is not true for any notice thought that a nomination has occurred. A nomination is when one person receives a ticket and declares another person as a driver.

In regards to the process service response, this is true. According to Arizona Law, a photo radar ticket is not concidered served unless sent Certified mail or process serviced.
You do realize you posted in a thread that is over a year and a half old, correct? I doubt the OP is checking back for your belated advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">