• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poss. of Parapharnelia and Jurisdiction Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingdom69

State: Michigan
Officer: Redford Police
City where search took place: Detroit

The other night I was driving around with a girl I had just met. I pulled into a driveway by accident, backed out and proceeded back into traffic. I was not doing anything illegal, the officer said he pulled me over because I was in an area that was frequented my "johns" and he simply wanted to talk to me. I drove out of the city of Redford, went about a half mile into Detroit. I then pulled into a Burger King parking lot that was in the city of Detroit, not Redford. I shut the car off and removed the keys from the ignition before the Redford City police officer pulled up behind me and flipped his lights on. The officer did a license search on my license and stated it was suspended.
The young lady was pulled out of the car, thoroughly searched, and placed into the back of the cop car. The officer proceeded to search the vehicle without asking (I assume this is ok since they were going to impound it for my license issue.) then searched me. During the search they located a marijuana pipe under the passenger seat where she had been sitting. After a while, the yound lady started fidgeting and suddenly came up with a bag of marijuana and a crack pipe that she had stuffed somewhere. I was given a ticket for DWLS (which he indicated I could clear with the release) and paraphernelia ticket.
I was in the city of Detroit when he searched the car and found all the items. I know that this was Detroit because Redford Police refused to do anything about a man walking naked in the parking lot of the Burger King saying it was Detroits problem. I was pulled over because I drove into the wrong driveway, not because I did anything illegal. The officer even stated this, that he just simply wanted to "talk to me". I walked away after being given the ticket and the girl went to jail.
What are my options regarding the arrest, jurisdiction, and anything else?

racer72

Jurisdiction is irrelevent in your case, the officer's probable cause happened within his jurisdiction. I would suggest talking to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">