• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lazy Lawyer..??? Poor Ethics??...Lawyer Malpractice??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

me_dial_01

What is the name of your state? N.C.

I'm going through an undesired divorce process, as all are I'd assume. Anyway, I retained my attorney at the time of seperation one year ago.(In NC divorce requires a 1 year seperation). So now one year later my attorney has mailed me to state he will not be able to handle my case....with no explaination...any that I should seek other counsel. Less than 30 days of the divorce. I've been screw in this case since day one and my lawyer is well aware of all situations. Now I have to start from scratch with a new attorney??? A years worth of information and painful situations?? I can call this guy 31 times a month and he is always "unavailable"....yeah right.
So is this proper for an attorney to drop someone right at the court date? Seems un-ethical. And I've already paid this guy for the case! Should a report be filed with the board?

Any help Would be great.

Thank You,
Mark from NC

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why is he dropping your case? You need an explanation? You paid him for the case -- does that mean he did it flat fee? What did your retainer agreement say? Normally a judge will not let the attorney withdraw that close to a trial without an EXTREMELY good reason. So something is off here.

me_dial_01

I'm working out of town at the moment, and obviously no since in calling him. But as soon as I return home, I will be visiting his office for explaination. Something is definitely mysterious. I'll post info as I know.

Any other replys or suggestions are welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">