• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

final lien release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texas
I signed a final release. This subcontractor told me to bill the GC for the change orders. A month later the GC called me asking if I had been paid by the sub. I told them what was up. They told me to bill the sub so I did. A month later I called the sub to ask where my check was & he told me he was going to sue me for holding up his funds from the GC.
Doe's he have a case? He told me to bill the GC. After contacting the GC about this again. They told me he never sent in a change order. This work was not on the plans but is on the property. The final lien release I signed was not notarized but I have made mention of signing this final release in Emails sent to both parties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">