• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction loan question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lvfnchs

What is the name of your state? CT

Hi. I own my home and am planning to get all new windows and siding from a reputable company. They do the financing through GE. I received some paperwork in the mail and it included a good faith estimate. It also said that it is a loan secured by my mortgage.

My question is, is this common? It's not a second mortgage is it? The only other time I've gotten a good faith estimate for anything was for my mortgage. I'm confused and don't want to get into something I'm not sure of. Any information/advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

lvfnchs

I didn't call them, I called my lawyer and my accountant. It is a second mortgage but all is well. Thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">