• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop sign at school, campus police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

perzbenz

What is the name of your state? California

I was leaving my college and stopped at the stop sign then made my right. The same campus police guy is always there at the far side at the street waiting for people to stop their car at a no stopping area. The campus police guy was standing next to his car at the time of my stop at the stop sign, wasn't even in his car. While I was making my stop another car was coming and made a right so the view from the campus police and my car was blocked for a few moments. I leave my campus and when I look in my rearview mirror the campus police guy is right behind me pulling me over. I pull over and he gives me a ticket for not stopping at the stop sign. Im looking to fight this because his view of my car was blocked by another car which was turning so I am not sure how he could say that I did not stop. Also on the ticket he didn't write his name or ID where it says name of citing officer. What additional information should I bring with me to the courts? Thanks.

cepe10

perzbenz said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was leaving my college and stopped at the stop sign then made my right. The same campus police guy is always there at the far side at the street waiting for people to stop their car at a no stopping area. The campus police guy was standing next to his car at the time of my stop at the stop sign, wasn't even in his car. While I was making my stop another car was coming and made a right so the view from the campus police and my car was blocked for a few moments. I leave my campus and when I look in my rearview mirror the campus police guy is right behind me pulling me over. I pull over and he gives me a ticket for not stopping at the stop sign. Im looking to fight this because his view of my car was blocked by another car which was turning so I am not sure how he could say that I did not stop. Also on the ticket he didn't write his name or ID where it says name of citing officer. What additional information should I bring with me to the courts? Thanks.
A simple diagram of the area showing relevant structures and locations of the sign, where you were, where the blocking vehicle was, and where the campus police officer was along with pictures of the scene...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">