• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psuzanne26

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a mediation scheduled with the EEOC and my former employeer tomorrow morning in Atlanta, GA. They know they are guilty and I belive are willing to do whatever it takes to get me out of their hair, how much money is a reasonable amount to ask for?

BelizeBreeze

psuzanne26 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a mediation scheduled with the EEOC and my former employeer tomorrow morning in Atlanta, GA. They know they are guilty and I belive are willing to do whatever it takes to get me out of their hair, how much money is a reasonable amount to ask for?
Travel Time: $34.27
Gas Expense: $25.67
Shoe Leather: $0.87
Office Supplies: $3.56
Pain and Suffering: $47.24
TOTAL: $111.61
ATTORNEY Cut: $39.07
Final Award: $72.60

SPR

What amount of money would make you feel better about them sexually harrassing you?

What is the story behind this?

psuzanne26

It's long and drawn out, but the short of it is....I was sexually harassed over the period of several months and filed 3 complaints with my employeer..and nothing was ever done about it. I finally had to leave the company due to the work enviroment....it wasn't tolerable. After I filed the complaints, things just got worse....not only was he still harassing me, but now he was angry about it too. I filed a complaint with the EEOC and they immediately offered mediation. The company has a bad record with the EEOC, they are already in the new/process of being sued by the EEOC for another matter.

weenor

psuzanne26 said:
I thought this website was called FreeAdvice.com...not BadAdvice.com

BB's point is that it is standard operating procedure for the EEOC to push mediation between the employer and the alleged victim. The participation of the employer is NOT an admission of culpability or guilt, simply part of the normal process. Please note that sexual harassment claims are the most difficult of the discrimination claims to win in court, so consider your wage loss and don't plan on the lottery.

SPR

psuzanne26 said:
I thought this website was called FreeAdvice.com...not BadAdvice.com
This is a question that no one can answer for you, especially based off of the info that you posted. Sit back and re-read what you typed and you will see. We have no idea what happened. Perhaps you were not even harrassed, maybe you were actually assaulted, maybe...there are alot of maybes and "ifs" to be filled in and even then, can you put a price tag on something like this?

BelizeBreeze

psuzanne26 said:
It's long and drawn out, but the short of it is....I was sexually harassed over the period of several months and filed 3 complaints with my employeer..and nothing was ever done about it. I finally had to leave the company due to the work enviroment....it wasn't tolerable. After I filed the complaints, things just got worse....not only was he still harassing me, but now he was angry about it too. I filed a complaint with the EEOC and they immediately offered mediation. The company has a bad record with the EEOC, they are already in the new/process of being sued by the EEOC for another matter.
O.K. Based on the new facts which have come to light, I have revised my estimate:

AWARD: $000.00

now, would you like to know why?

psuzanne26

There harassment consited of physical and verbal harassment on a daily basis by a superior. When I reported the conduct, I was literally laughed at, and this was the case for several other women in the company.

BelizeBreeze

psuzanne26 said:
There harassment consited of physical and verbal harassment on a daily basis by a superior. When I reported the conduct, I was literally laughed at, and this was the case for several other women in the company.
The answer lies in this and your previous post.

I can call someone telling me to answer the phone, keep my voice down (I have a very deep resonating voice) or someone telling me I can't wear shorts into the office (which I own by the way) harrassment. But calling it that and it actually being so is not always a match.

You have provided absolutely no facts for which the company can be held legally or financially liable under the harassment guidelines. All you have said is that "the harassment consisted of physical and verbal harassment..."

If you want the company (or this forum) to take you seriously, then stop talking in generalities and learn specifics.

Did your supervisor put his hand down your pants?
Did your supervisor ask to suck your nipples?
Did your supervisor say any of the following:
(if you are black)
"Go to the store and get me some watermelon"
(if you are hispanic)
"I like my meat a little brown"
(If you are Pamela Anderson)
"Did you get knee burn on the boat?"
(If you are Greek)
"Want to see my backdoor?"

Now do you get the picture?

psuzanne26

Specifics were provided to the EEOC when the complaint was filed. I will go more into detail.

I am a white female and he is a black male.

I was asked: OVER AND OVER
"have you ever had sex with a black man? Would you like to have sex with a black man"
"Once you have sex with a black man, you'll never want to have sex with a white man again"
"What is you favorite sexual position?"
"The size of you butt is perfect for my favorite sexual position"
"You tits look nice in that top"
He would stand behind me at my desk and grab the back of my neck so tightly I could barley tolerate it, and rub as if he thought he was giving me a message.
He would press his nose into the side of my head and smell my hair and moan.

BelizeBreeze

psuzanne26 said:
Specifics were provided to the EEOC when the complaint was filed. I will go more into detail.

I am a white female and he is a black male.

I was asked: OVER AND OVER
"have you ever had sex with a black man? Would you like to have sex with a black man"
"Once you have sex with a black man, you'll never want to have sex with a white man again"
"What is you favorite sexual position?"
"The size of you butt is perfect for my favorite sexual position"
"You tits look nice in that top"
He would stand behind me at my desk and grab the back of my neck so tightly I could barley tolerate it, and rub as if he thought he was giving me a message.
He would press his nose into the side of my head and smell my hair and moan.
FINALLY!
Thank god you are not blonde ;)
Now, as to what I would advise, here are the specifics.

When you sit down with the company you will have a mediator. If you are asked to provide a starting figure as to what you would settle for, tell them $150,000 plus written references.

The breakdown goes like this.

$50,000 for puntative damages
$50,000 for the cost of therapy for the first two years. (Should you continue in therapy the company will be liable for the costs of such)
$50,000 for 1 year of salary. (The company to make all tax and insurance contributions including any profit sharing, IRA and other such accounts)

now do you see why I'm such a prick?

Oh, and by the way, file assault charges against the idiot who did this also :D

psuzanne26

Yeah...Thanks! What do you mean written refrences?

Does it matter that he threatned to take my office and stick me in a cube, yelled in my face and spit on me, and took duties away from me and threatned to "lay me off" the next time layoffs came around.

and FYI...I'm a blonde.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

psuzanne26 said:
Yeah...Thanks! What do you mean written refrences?
Written GOOD reference for your next job.
Does it matter that he threatned to take my office and stick me in a cube, yelled in my face and spit on me, and took duties away from me and threatned to "lay me off" the next time layoffs came around.
yes and no. It may point to retaliation or not. That is up to the mediator and you to bring up.
and FYI...I'm a blonde.
Well, that brings up carpet and drapes and a WHOLE lot of sexual harassing behavior I'd like to talk about.....;) :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">