• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Barred

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midwestgangstaq

What is the name of your state? Iowa
An officer in Iowa saw me getting out of my car,(which I don't drive, beacause I was getting my License back in 3 months) the car was not running no keys in the ignition, and he gives me a ticket for driving barred, I had 3 prior barred tickets 3yrs ago, went to court, and my plea agreement on the case is 2years incarceration, for habitual offender, afraid of going to prison, I went to another state Nevada, and started a new life, I have no idea what kind of warrant I have, I said let's go to trial, and left before court, will this warrant be extraditeable, for an aggravated misdemeanor, and can I be arrested in the state I am living in now, and is there a stature of limitations on this, since I have not been convicted. Very concerned, did I make the wrong choice? And what can I do, to avoid prison?

The Occultist

Statute of Limitations has nothing to do with being convicted; it refers to amount of time between committing the crime and having charges pressed against you for it. That happened when you were given the ticket, so SoL has nothing to do with you.

Yes, you made the wrong choice. If you want to figure out how to "make things right", you will need to contact your court. And get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">