• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job discrimnation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnangn

georgia- my husband has been working for this company five years as a maintenace guy .he goes to work everyday on time and have did the same job the same way. He have four department he has to work for and each department has there own supervisor. So it was like tugger war. Well a supervisior in one of the department do not like my husband and i guest he did alots of complaining because he felt that he didn't spend alots of time in his department as a result he tired to get my husband fired when the other supervisor said they was taking my husband in their department he was suppose to start the next week after he didn't succeed he took his time about hiring someone to replace him once he hired someone they only work a week and quit because the work load is too much for one person. And as of now they have not hired anyone my husband volunteer to stay over a few days to help out. When he moved to the department he was told that he would get a rasied because that department pays morer well its three weeks later and he still haven't got his raised. He has the supervisor in charge each week why he haven't start making his pay and he keep telling him he's going to take care of it. This is the same boss who have made racist comment in the pass which there is witness he beg my husband not to mention it to the owner also employee there make racist comment and the superviser don't do nothing when it's brought to there attention. There has not been a single black person hired in that department since my husband been working there and as of today only my husband and one other black guy work there and for this reason my husband has not got raises like them nor bonus. Also for five years my husband had to pick up mail and drop off mail off the clock and he wasn't paid for his milage.Its much more to this storie we just want to know for what little i told you all do you think this a case worth filing a suit and is it legal for him to tape there racist remark.

SPR

I believe it is illegal to tape anyone without their consent unless their is a warrant, in which case law enforcement would need to do it. Always thought that was odd too, considering you can take pictures of anything if it's in a public area.

Is there documentation that the new position/department pays more than the other? Usually companies have pay grades of each position or department and the company follows that. If this is the case and he is not getting the pay grade documented, then I believe the employer must pay not only current wages, but any passed wages also.

As for the hiring of minorities, this is tough. First, the fact that they are not hiring any more blacks is irrelevant. It's very difficult to prove that he is not getting paid due to his color. Do you have proof that it's because he is black?

I would be careful bringing up the race card. Not only do I think that the reason is HIGHLY abused, it is difficult to prove and could throw credability that he has out the window because of his mind set. Focus on lost wages and the pay first. In my opinion, of course. ;)

BelizeBreeze

First, the taping. If the tape is concealed on your husband's person and the taping takes place in an area where the other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, then your husband can at a minimum, be fired and have a little fine and jail time.

From the tenor of your post, I doubt you OR your husband has the capacity to decide if and when the situation warrants or allows for the taping of a conversation without the other party's consent.

As for picking up and droping off mail off the clock, tell hubby to stop doing such. He is not required to work without getting paid for it. And if he is ordered to do such by his supervisor, he needs to file his timesheet to reflect the extra time.

Finally, nothing in your post points to an illegal activity. Bad situation yes. But not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">