• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebbenandsebben

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was pulled over Monday by a Gilbert Police Officer. I had less than an eighth of an ounce of marijuana in my posession and while being pulled over I tried to eat it. After being pulled over and the cop checking me out (it looked like i was throwing up), I played it as I was sick for a while. But ended up telling him there was pot in the car. Then he figured out I tried to eat it. I was charged with posession of marijuana and I do not know the exact name but another felony charge for trying to eat it. What am I looking at here? I have no priors, was very co-operative and honest with the police, I have a good work record, good job, live with parents. What are the chances I will go to jail? I am 19 years old.

BL

sebbenandsebben said:

I was pulled over Monday by a Gilbert Police Officer. I had less than an eighth of an ounce of marijuana in my posession and while being pulled over I tried to eat it. After being pulled over and the cop checking me out (it looked like i was throwing up), I played it as I was sick for a while. But ended up telling him there was pot in the car. Then he figured out I tried to eat it. I was charged with posession of marijuana and I do not know the exact name but another felony charge for trying to eat it. What am I looking at here? I have no priors, was very co-operative and honest with the police, I have a good work record, good job, live with parents. What are the chances I will go to jail? I am 19 years old.
:D Well you were charged w/ a felony BIG boy . Do you think your parents will save you ? Guess again .

Be ready to pay to keep out of jail .

SPR

We all do stupid things. I remember those days, I was just lucky to get out of the phase quickly.

All you can do is continue to be honest. Just explain that you got scared and reacted quickly and realized that it was a mistake. Back peddleing and lying to a judge won't help, so be honest. ;)

BL

SPR said:
We all do stupid things. I remember those days, I was just lucky to get out of the phase quickly.

All you can do is continue to be honest. Just explain that you got scared and reacted quickly and realized that it was a mistake. Back peddleing and lying to a judge won't help, so be honest. ;)
So you have experience it in Ind . ? Sure sounds like your backing the offenders .

Sure , as I said be remorsefully . I know too well , but it will cost some punishment , or did you have rich parents ?

I mean this isn't a counseling forum , it's a legal forum . Answer legal questions .

Last edited:

SPR

Blonde Lebinese said:
So you have experience it in Ind . ? Sure sounds like your backing the offenders .
No, I am not "backing offenders. Stop acting like an angel, like you are the perfect human being. I have made mistakes in my life. I learned form them, moved on and I am leading a very happy life now. I had a brief encounter with drugs and although I don't regret it, it was not the smartest thing I have ever done.

Don't be so quick to judge, sheesh.

SPR

Blonde Lebinese said:
I mean this isn't a counseling forum , it's a legal forum . Answer legal questions .
I did. I said, tell the truth, the judge will like hearing that better than back peddleing. Would you like to tell me how the forum works again or can you read the sentence I just wrote?

SPR

Yeah, I can take a joke, I am just being touchy because I am trying not to cross certain lines on the board. I tried to give what little legal advice I was qualified to give and that's all. I don't want to say anything else simply because, well, I don't have the knowledge or education to. I just thought reinforcing the "tell the truth" advice would help him out. :)

The Occultist

sebbenandsebben said:

You've contradicted yourself. Trying to hide the pot and then pretend you were throwing up is not the same thing as being cooperative and honest.

The state of AZ is a HUGE fan of giving second chances to those who committed non-violent crimes. When the judge asks how you plea, if he doesn't bring it up as an option himself, request a Pre-trial conference. At said conference, you will be able to discuss with the prosecutor the potential for deferred prosecution, which they will most likely grant and explain the terms of. You can accept or deny it; if you deny it then it will be the same as entering a non-guilty plea and a trial date will be set up for you. Accepting the deferred prosecution will most likely result in some fines and a light probation, the completion of which means the charges are dropped. Assuming this is a first offense with you, you shouldn't have any problems getting the deferred prosecution (which I do advise you take).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">