• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incom Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

altus22

I have been paying a back support for the srs on three boys with my tax returns. This year I will be claiming my three year old daughter on EIC. Can they take the EIC since it is for my daughters well being? If so, is there any loop holes that I can go through to get around it.

W

wowie

I am not an attorney and not a CPA.

There is a spousal protection under the innocent spouse clause. I have no idea whether or not this applies to children. I would venture to guess that it doesn't. I would check in to getting a larger amount of your earnings taken out towards your back child support so that you can pay the amount that you owe and get on with your life.

You could always make a deal with the girl's mother. She could claim her and your guys could split the difference in the amount that she gets back. However, I think that you should just clear you obligation to your older boys. They need a dad too.

A

altus22

Both the boys and the girls moms have already got two children to claim. So that wouldnt make a difference on their returns. As far as the boys needing a father also, the boys mom knowing my situation not having a license due to my epilepsy, has kept the boys from me and is now trying to have her husband adopt them knowing that I cant get around to stop her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">