• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issues with Builder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Derrick1

What is the name of your state? NJ Builder overcharged me, did shoddy work and refused to repair damaged portion during construction on the same house. House is not completed yet Need to get another builder (current builder fired for breach of contract and too much of negligence costing me too much of extra unnecessary $$) but would it be builder_s insurance policy or the builder itself who will be responsible for returning $$, does builder has to get fraud coverage in his insurance policy besides liability or it_s one whole policy covering total $$. Builder refuses to give his insurance info. For now will take some time through court but till then How can I verify if builder_s insurance has fraud coverage or not b_case if convicted of fraud then I will get 3X of $$ I think. Any help appreciated.

weenor

Derrick1 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ Builder overcharged me, did shoddy work and refused to repair damaged portion during construction on the same house. House is not completed yet Need to get another builder (current builder fired for breach of contract and too much of negligence costing me too much of extra unnecessary $$) but would it be builder_s insurance policy or the builder itself who will be responsible for returning $$, does builder has to get fraud coverage in his insurance policy besides liability or it_s one whole policy covering total $$. Most insurance policies specifically exclude fraud claims and other claims based on intentional conduct.

Builder refuses to give his insurance info. Unless the builder has some type of errors and emissions insurance, there will be no coverage under other policies (i.e. commercial general liability) for any damage claims to the builders' work. For now will take some time through court but till then How can I verify if builder_s insurance has fraud coverage or not b_case if convicted of fraud then I will get 3X of $$ I think. Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE

Proof of fraud can get you punitive damages and thus more money. However, collection is a problem because insurance policies do not cover fraud or other intentional conduct. You need a lawyer ASAP. These are extremely complicated cases to develope and try.

spikedog

Hi
I'm finding this forum a little frustrating as the majority of responses seem to advise to just Hire an Atty asap... but if we had the resources to do so~ we probably wouldn't be on a Free Advice website... so it'd be a lot more helpful if you folks as professionals could share a little more "solid advice" for us to gain insight so we can go about chasing these thieving weasles properly!
thanks,
deb

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">