• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have been duped by $500

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snoyt

I live in california and sent a check for $500 to a resident in florida who promice to purchase and send to me $2000 in disney items. That was almost 2 years ago. early this year the person then promiced to return my $500 but now refused any correspondence. is there anything i can do? any help would be greatly appreciated

JETX

Is there anything you can do.... Yes. Is there a high probability of recoverying your money.... No.

Some actions you can consider:
1) Filing a small claims action against him. This would have to be done in his jurisdiction (in Florida).
2) You might still be able to file US Federal mail fraud charges against him, but 2 years is a LONG time and the complaint may not be accepted.
3) You might be able to find someone if Florida who can break his legs if he doesn't return your money.
4) You can pray to God that He strike him down with a bolt of lightning.
5) You can accept the fact that you waited far too long to consider taking any action and move forward with your life.

Regretfully, that is about all I can come up with. I know that this is another example of the lack of fairness in people, but damn, P.T. Barnum was right!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">