• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Favortism/Sexual Harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabbrs

What is the name of your state? CA

I work in a Day Spa who has a manager that shows favortism to one particular employee.... booking her appointments and not giving others the chance to build clientelle. On top of it, she encourages this person (who is married), to find true love with another employee within the spa. She was quoted and saying, "As long as they are not having sex in the spa" it is ok with me! Can I take legal action againt the manager for favortism and condoning sexual harrsement? I am so tired of looking at these two people flirting and carying on, and especially in front of other employees and clients!

I know this question is probably not quite as serious as others, but any kind of input would help out.

mlane58

gabbrs said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I work in a Day Spa who has a manager that shows favortism to one particular employee.... booking her appointments and not giving others the chance to build clientelle. On top of it, she encourages this person (who is married), to find true love with another employee within the spa. She was quoted and saying, "As long as they are not having sex in the spa" it is ok with me! Can I take legal action againt the manager for favortism and condoning sexual harrsement? I am so tired of looking at these two people flirting and carying on, and especially in front of other employees and clients!

I know this question is probably not quite as serious as others, but any kind of input would help out.
Where is the sexual harassment? From your post, I don't find anything illegal, maybe unprofessional or unethical, but not illegal.

eerelations

Wasn't there a case recently in California where several employees claimed sexual harassment, not because they personally were being harassed, but because a coworker was having a flirtation/affair with the boss and benefiting from it employment-wise? And the claimants were able to prove that their employment conditions were negatively affected as a result, and it was therefore decided that they were indeed being subjected to sexual harassment in their employment? I'm sure I read this somewhere recently...cbg, pattytx, and Beth3, do you recall reading about this? It was within the last few months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">