• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rumors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thebatman

new question - hope i don't seem like a drama starter but this one really got under my skin.

once a year, my manager evaluates the entire staff in few catagories and then adds a comment regarding that numerical evaluation. another employee, same managerial leval as me, who has been butting heads with me, told another staff member that i didn't even score enough points to be at the same position the next time re-interviews come up. i confront the rumor starter and she became flustered and didn't answer me when i asked why she would say such a thing and kept trying to get me to reveal who told me this. i asked my manager to ask her about this and she outright denied saying anything. there are two people that could attest to what was said; is there anything that could be done since she is denying all this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you mean anything within the legal system, no. Nothing illegal has transpired.

You're free to address it internally if you really think it necessary, but that's about it.

janimal

According to you post, this person made this remark to one other person. It has not affected your review or job.
Making a mountain out of this mole hill might affect your job.

When people lie about you or behave badly, it sucks, but this doesn't sound like a big deal to pursure.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In my opinion, pursing it will only make you look bad. Be the bigger person and drop it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">