• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outlot - multiple owners?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeH55343

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I have a small cabin which has a 1/6 ownership in an outlot where the common drain field sits.

One of the other owners has stated his intentions to build a large garage on this shared parcel.

My title clearly states 1/6 undivided ownership on this parcel and I pay property tax on this parcel.

My question is as to the ownership of this building after it is built. It will have a permanent foundation and I believe this makes it part of the real estate and will raise my property taxes.

nextwife

MikeH55343 said:
I have a small cabin which has a 1/6 ownership in an outlot where the common drain field sits.
Drain field? For the mound system or what? You can't allow construction over the drainage field!

FarmerJ

If your lake place is like how some of the lots over on Indian lake in Wright county are where multiple homes had to create and share a community septic hill because there was NO other way to have a septic system on the original lot meet code then NOT only take all youre paperwork pertaining to the cabin and any documents pertaining to the septic hill to a real estate atty and have them write a letter on your behalf to the one who wants to build that garage. BTW are any of your other nieghbors in agreement with you about this one homeowner Perhaps they would be willing to join you when you go to see a real estate atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">