• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bassman173

I have an unpaid speeding ticket in Indiana from 5 years ago. I recieved a ticket for speeding and another ticket for not having my divers license with me. I went to court for these tickets and the judge waived the 2nd ticket becuase I did have my license info with me, if not the license myself. As time went on, I forgot to pay the remaining ticket. I just recieved a reminder that I had an unpaid ticket and they are charging me for both. I called the courthouse and they said they had nothing in the record of me going to court. So my question should I pay them the full asking amount? I live in Ohio and the ticket was from Indiana. There is no record of the ticket at the Ohio DMV. I feel fine about paying for the speeding ticket, but don't want to pay for the lesser offinse that was discharged by the judge. Do I have any recourse?

Last edited:

racer72

The dismissal was based on you paying your fine on time. When you didn't, the charges and fines were reinstated. Both states are members of the Non Resident Violators Compact, the penalties will catch up with you. Pay all the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">