• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will not pass inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peteg

What is the name of your state? new jersey
i have bought a truck 10400 dollars, the truck has been to the inspection station twice and will not pass, the truck has a code that fails it, the truck has been in the transmission shop twice for the same code they did 1300 dollars worth of work and it still is messed up and the transmission shop said it is something else, i was suppose to get a warranty with the truck and never got it, the warranty company said they took to long to get it, i need to get out of this truck what do i do

T

thepizzaguy

peteg said:
i have bought a truck 10400 dollars, the truck has been to the inspection station twice and will not pass, the truck has a code that fails it, the truck has been in the transmission shop twice for the same code they did 1300 dollars worth of work and it still is messed up and the transmission shop said it is something else, i was suppose to get a warranty with the truck and never got it, the warranty company said they took to long to get it, i need to get out of this truck what do i do
Sell it!!!

Seriously though: Did you buy it from a dealership vs a private individual? Have you gone back to the dealership? How long have you owned this piece of crap?

Be specific and someone will beable to quote law for you.

peteg

bought the truck from a used car dealership they are on TV every weekend, thought they were a good dealership selling high end cars and trucks, we had the truck since 6-28-06

T

thepizzaguy

peteg said:

New Car Lemon Law

In order to qualify for Lemon Law protection, the new car in question must be less than two years old and have fewer than 18,000 miles. The defects complained of must materially impair the use, safety or value of the car. If you believe you have a "lemon" which meets these conditions, you may be eligible for relief. In order to qualify for Lemon Law relief, you must complete a Lemon Law application and pay a $50 processing fee. If your case is successful, the fee will be returned. You can reach the Lemon Law Unit by calling 973-504-6226 or write to P.O. Box 45026, Newark, New Jersey 07101.

Here is a link that may help you get going

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/ocp.htm

Give it a look see and see if you vehicle qualifies. From what you have posted I think it will.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">