• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD - Mental Illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katherine

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is there anything I can do to extend my LTD benefits due to Mental Illness after the 24 month benefit period has expired? I am having a difficult time with this and am in a state of panic as my benefits expired 9/1/06 and I am still unable to return to work? Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If 24 months is the limit of the benefit, then that's the limit. You can request an extension but they have NO legal obligation to provide one and, depending on the exact wording of the policy, may even be prohibited from doing so.

xylene

katherine said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is there anything I can do to extend my LTD benefits due to Mental Illness after the 24 month benefit period has expired? I am having a difficult time with this and am in a state of panic as my benefits expired 9/1/06 and I am still unable to return to work? Thanks!
2 years is a lengthy time to be on LTD for mental illness.

2 years of absense from any job is a long time to then be able to transition back in.

Do you have a pschychiatrist and/or caseworker?

Have they discussed your options with you?

Social Security?

What is your re-entry plan?

Did you have job training?

cbg is right, your insurance co. is probably not obligated to extend your disability in this circumstance.

If you are permanently disabled, you have options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">