• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with new construction in nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhawkinsjd

What is the name of your state? Nevada. I am in the porcess of builiding a new home. The closing is set for September 21. The problem is that the contractor has installed the wrong cabinets throughtout the house. Ideally, I don't want to close unless the problem has been remedied as trying to correct the problem while we are in the house will be a logistical nightmare.

The mortgage company seems to be putting a bit of pressure on me to close on the set date.

What are my options?

Thanks

John Se

dont close

the mortgage company only wants you to close so they make thier numbers for the month. You have a lock but it probably wont change but you will need to extend. dont close on the house until its finished to your satisfaction. Just tell them this "I will close when the house is complete as described in the contract"

danno6925

Just say "NO"

I agree with John's correct response. Don't move in until they finish the house to the specifications on all change order addendums to the original agreement of sale.

Tell the mortgage company to cool their heels. Much like everyone else in a RE transaction, the dont get paid until you go to closing.

Jaxdd

I agree with both replies....NO DON'T DO IT!! If the finished product is not to "specs"....then it isn't ready to close. Yep...that end of the month push is always there....but it's YOUR home and YOU are the one that has to be satisfied and approve the "final inspectiion". As a matter of fact (I work for a real estate closing company) there are usually documents in the closing package you must sign stating that you have inspected the property and approve/accept without exceptions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">