• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justice4KTZZ

NO - you cannot search-They did

Iowa-
I was driving a friends car.I pulled into a motel, parked the car. A friend started to get in while we were going to wait for another friend to open motel doors. It was cold out. Before he shut his door narcotics about 15 men deep, surrounded the car. At close gun piont demanded for us to get out . I was instanty put into hand cuffs and was asked if my name was....(nick name)no last name. I didnt answer I was in shock.They then asked me if they could search my car. I said no. The undercover threw his hands in the air, turned around and said f- it and dove in. They found nothng in the inside of the car. They got my purse and then searched it finding who I was. My girlfriends ID was in the car too . We look a lot alike I could of very well of been her. The car was in her name. They then search the trunk found drugs. I have my lisence under revocation. They said that an informant told them only my first name and it as a nickname no last name and I didnt have a lisence. Was thier procedure done correctly. Judge said they had probable cause at the first hearing. but then dropped the driving charge , without prejeduce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">