• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ: Provisional Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeanW727

New Jersey.

IN new jersey if you're 17 you're issued a Provisional Auto License which only allows you to have 1 non family member in the car w/ you at all times.

Last night i was followed by some crazy guy who went to make a turn (Turn signal, breaking, starting a turn) i proceded around him to the left he then jolted back behind me and was acting crazy with his high beams and such.

He called the cops on me for "passing in a no passing lane", i got pulled over two towns later and he was still following me, he wants to get me ticketed for careless, wreckless, and passing in a non passing zone.

No cops saw any of this, will this hold up in court?

I got dinked for having two people in my car at teh scene of being pulled over. I've had my licnese just under two months and i don't know what to say to my parents (they were out of town for the weekend) and to make it worse i was driving my dads car....

Help/Advice Please.

The cops told me that "This is just the first of many tickets that may be coming"

cepe10

the witness will probably not seem very reliable to the court:) The LEO can't testify to things he didn't witness, so chances are it will not hold up. you will need to prepare well to question the witness if he shows to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">