• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony question about charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mama44

What is the name of your state? texas
it two people are arrested for drug possission can one person admit to it being thier responsibility and the other one released my boyfriend had a blue warrant for not reporting tc parole and i had traffic tickets unpaid the police came to the door and even thiugh we all stepped outside of my apartment they arrested me first, then took my boyfriend and searched my place and found his drugs he was not suppose to have anything in my apt my name is on the lease and not his i lost my place to live and my job can anyone give me some advice pleasr thanks

CdwJava

If two people have access and constructive control over the drugs, both people can be charged with it.

The charge is "possession", not ownership.

A prosecutor MIGHT elect to take a confession from one in exchange for dropping charges against another, but he does not have to do so.

- Carl

acmb05

mama44 said:
it two people are arrested for drug possission can one person admit to it being thier responsibility and the other one released my boyfriend had a blue warrant for not reporting tc parole and i had traffic tickets unpaid the police came to the door and even thiugh we all stepped outside of my apartment they arrested me first,
Evidently you were cloer to the arresting officer than he was.
mama44 said:
then took my boyfriend and searched my place and found his drugs he was not suppose to have anything in my apt my name is on the lease and not his i lost my place to live and my job can anyone give me some advice pleasr thanks
He does not have to be on the lease or on anything for that matter. He was on parole which gives the officers and his probation officer the right to search any dwelling he is in whether he lives there or not.

acmb05

mama44 said:
it two people are arrested for drug possission can one person admit to it being thier responsibility and the other one released my boyfriend had a blue warrant for not reporting tc parole and i had traffic tickets unpaid the police came to the door and even thiugh we all stepped outside of my apartment they arrested me first, then took my boyfriend and searched my place and found his drugs he was not suppose to have anything in my apt my name is on the lease and not his i lost my place to live and my job can anyone give me some advice pleasr
Get rid of your dope smoking ex con boyfriend who obviously can't read a calender.
mama44 said:
Your Welcome.

CdwJava

acmb05 said:
He does not have to be on the lease or on anything for that matter. He was on parole which gives the officers and his probation officer the right to search any dwelling he is in whether he lives there or not.
Being on parole does not give law enforcement the right to search any residence he is in. However, they can search the locations he has access to in a residence he lives in. So, if he lives with our poster, they can search the residence if said residency can be established. If he was just visiting, then the search would generally be limited to the parolee and those areas near where he was when contacted.

If a parolee were to come into my house for coffee, it does not suddenly give a green light to a search of the entire residence.

- Carl

2901bruce

it two people are arrested for drug possission can one person admit to it being thier responsibility and the other one released my boyfriend had a blue warrant for not reporting tc parole and i had traffic tickets unpaid the police came to the door and even thiugh we all stepped outside of my apartment they arrested me first, then took my boyfriend and searched my place and found his drugs he was not suppose to have anything in my apt my name is on the lease and not his i lost my place to live and my job can anyone give me some advice pleasr thanks
Well, mama. I would believe your story - If I still believed in the tooth-fairy! Trust me, in most boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, if one is using drugs - both are. And being that your boyfriend is on parole (ex-con) with warrants, & you with unpaid tickets, your story is straining for credibility. Birds of a feather, flock together. As Judge Joe Brown said: It's Tough-Love time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">