• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

07 Harley with transmission problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwinsor

What is the name of your state? CT
I live in CT but bought a new 07 Harley in Massachuesetts on 8/2/06. The day I got it there was a distinct clatter when in 5th gear. Turned around and went back to dealer. HD told them to put in thicker transmission oil, which they did. I left and the clatter was still there. Went back to dealer the next day 8/3/06 and HD told them to put in HD synthetic transmission oil. A mechanic took the bike out and no change so he called the factory again and was told to put in Amsoil synthetic heavy weight oil and have me ride it for a while. I put almost 300 miles on it that day with no change. Called the dealer and was told to "break in the transmission with more miles".
I wrote an email to the dealer requesting a refund. They forwarded it to the HD company, and they called me. The rep said they knew of the problem and had the entire development team working on it. That I should just ride it and not worry about it. I now have just over 1000 miles and the clatter is worse. HD has no fix for it. I also posted this problem on hdforums.com and there are numerous people with the same issue.
I am now ready to take it to the dealer for the 1000 mile check and am planning a demanding a fix. My questions are since this will be the third visit can I use the lemon law? Is there anything specific that I need to do to insure I can use the lemon law? Since the purchase was in one state and I live in another, where would I file the lemon law complaint and do I need an attorney for this?
Thanks,
Ron

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">