• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Durable POA effective upon incapacitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barb714

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Have a durable POA effective upon incapacitation. Dr must complete a form; however, aunt is NOT mentally incompetent. She's temporarily in a nursing home (in NJ) because of a broken bone and is hard of hearing and nervous. She wishes me to take care of her finances now and in the future which includes selling her house. Original POA has been registered with Pennsylvania Orphans Court. Would it be easier to have her complete another durable POA effective immediately if the Dr at the nursing home doesn't want to handle this? Original POA was signed two years ago. I am also executor of her will and have proxy health care role. Thanks for your advice.

BlondiePB

Barb714 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Have a durable POA effective upon incapacitation. Dr must complete a form; however, aunt is NOT mentally incompetent. She's temporarily in a nursing home (in NJ) because of a broken bone and is hard of hearing and nervous. She wishes me to take care of her finances now and in the future which includes selling her house. Original POA has been registered with Pennsylvania Orphans Court. Would it be easier to have her complete another durable POA effective immediately if the Dr at the nursing home doesn't want to handle this? Original POA was signed two years ago. I am also executor of her will and have proxy health care role. Thanks for your advice.
Have auntie draft a new POA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">