• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speed driving and unlicensed driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Testtom

What is the name of your state? California

I was driving today and got pulled over by a cop.
and when he saw my temporary license it was already expired.
but when i went to DMV few weeks ago, they told me that they can renew it anytime
once my social security number arrives. since my status of F1 Visa changed to permanent residence i needed to get my social security number to get the license.
they stamped my expired license and told me they will waive fees and all the tests once my social security number arrives and that i could drive for now.
but when i went back today for an approval, they told me that they can try to make another temporary license of today's issue but i could not go onto the process because i did not get the social security numbers yet.
if i get charged for driving without a license will it go onto a criminal's record?
would it show on every single records that will follow me for the rest of my life?
i am a foreign college student who just received a green card.
please i need an answer or things to make the whole thing get better.
thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">