• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will not pick this car up from Mercedes!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kley

:mad: :mad: What is the name of your state? Indiana I entered into a brand new lease in January of this year - a Mercedes R 350. The car is completely unreliable and here's why...it would not start on two occassions - both times they sent a repair guy to attempt to fix it but it ended up being towed both times. Last month, the stearing and brakes just completely shut down while driving. The engine shut down at some point and the car came to a stop at an incline - again, the tow truck came for it. The transmission "jerks" whenever I drive downhill - it feels as if the brakes are being slammed - I can't describe it exactly. Other times, the Lt headlight will not turn off thus heating the globe, the gas gage goes from "full" to "empty" with the switch of the ignition key. This car has been at the Mercedes garage for a least a couple of weeks. They called me to say that I could pick it up last Friday, but I just can't bring myself to do this! The dealership doesn't want to hear my concerns and they just won't correspond with me. I just don't see that a $800 a month leasing fee in any way balances out this car!
I wan't out of this lease - and I will get another Mercedes. I love these cars but this particular model (or just the car itself) is taking me on a ride through hell and back.
Any words of wisdom? Or advice/opinions? I'm just so tired of this.
Thanks bunches!

DRTDEVL

Don't know much about cars, huh?

"Last month, the stearing and brakes just completely shut down while driving. The engine shut down at some point and the car came to a stop at an incline"

Your car stalled. No vacuum to the braks or pressure from the PS pump was what you felt when this happened.

The dealer has no responsibility for the car now... Why do you want to try dumping it on them? YOU test drove it, YOU leased it, it is YOURS! They are just performing warranty service on it.

If you don't like it, you are always free to trade it in on another car, but check the provisions in your lease to see if there are any early termination fees. You will be responsible for anything over the trade value of the vehicle (upside down).

All Mercedes products have severe electrical problems these days... Might want to think about another brand for a while.

:mad: :mad: What is the name of your state? Indiana I entered into a brand new lease in January of this year - a Mercedes R 350. The car is completely unreliable and here's why...it would not start on two occassions - both times they sent a repair guy to attempt to fix it but it ended up being towed both times. Last month, the stearing and brakes just completely shut down while driving. The engine shut down at some point and the car came to a stop at an incline - again, the tow truck came for it. The transmission "jerks" whenever I drive downhill - it feels as if the brakes are being slammed - I can't describe it exactly. Other times, the Lt headlight will not turn off thus heating the globe, the gas gage goes from "full" to "empty" with the switch of the ignition key. This car has been at the Mercedes garage for a least a couple of weeks. They called me to say that I could pick it up last Friday, but I just can't bring myself to do this! The dealership doesn't want to hear my concerns and they just won't correspond with me. I just don't see that a $800 a month leasing fee in any way balances out this car!
I wan't out of this lease - and I will get another Mercedes. I love these cars but this particular model (or just the car itself) is taking me on a ride through hell and back.
Any words of wisdom? Or advice/opinions? I'm just so tired of this.
Thanks bunches!

I don't think it qualifies yet under Indiana Lemon Law. If and when it does, you will have to first notify the manufacturer in writing.

Here is some reading for you: http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/indiana.htm

IC24-5-13-15
Sec. 15.

A reasonable number of attempts is considered to have been undertaken to correct a nonconformity if:

the nonconformity has been subject to repair at least four (4) times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers, but the nonconformity continues to exist; or

the vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of any nonconformity for a cumulative total of at least thirty (30) business days, and the nonconformity continues to exist.

The thirty (30) business day period in subsection (a)(2) shall be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available as a direct result of a strike. The manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer shall provide or make provision for the free use of a vehicle to any buyer whose vehicle is out of service by reason of repair during a strike.

The burden is on the manufacturer to show that the reason for an extension under subsection (b) was the direct cause for the failure of the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer to cure any nonconformity during the time of the event.
As added by P.L.150-1988, SEC.1.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">