• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Club Feet gets person fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dakoda

What is the name of your state? OHIO
My husband was discharged from his job working for the government because he has club feet. He stated that he was born with club feet on his application, passed his physical, and worked for over a month. His employer gave us papers stating that he was a hard worker with a great attitude. He was also told that it did not reflect his work but because he has club feet that they could cause a problem in the future. We have all of this in writing. :confused:

mitousmom

Does the city government for which your husband used to work have at least 15 employees? If so, have your husband contact EEOC or your state's human rights agency and inform either that your husband believes he was fired in violation of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act because his employer thought he was disabled or regarded him as being disabled. EEOC's number is 1-800-669-4000.

dakoda

Eeoc

Thank you... I have contacted EEOC and we meet with them next thursday. I'm jus worried that nothing is going to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">