• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need information about meth charges/penalties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaryBoley

I'm in Arkansas -

My brother and his girlfriend and their friend were pulled over sometime last night and arrested for felony possession of meth with intent to deliver. I don't know why they were pulled over or what kind of probable cause (they haven't had a hearing yet) the police had to search their vehicle. All I know is that they had around 5-10 grams of pure meth (uncut) on their person. I'm not sure what other items were found in the van or if there are any other charges, that was all the sheriff would tell me. There were 3 adults one (for sure) with a prior meth related record and there were 2 minor children ages 2 & 11 months in the vehicle. The children are now in foster care and I am trying to get them released to my custody.

What I want to know is what kind of penalties come with those charges? What should I expect to happen to my brother and what are my chances of getting (temp) custody of his children? I haven't had a lot of luck with internet research so any information would help. Thanks so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">