• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left town on bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angel215

I was in a relationship with a girl and we got into an arguement. Needless to say i was arrested because of a bruise and marks on her. I was very ashamed of this. I intended to write an email to free myself of the guilt and was later arrested on charges of violation of a restraining order. I was taken to jail and went to court that next am. I posted a bond and finished my job in NY and went back home to my home town. I was not in town to go to the court date that was set and the only thing i recieved in the mail was a later court date scheduled for nov. It is now Jan and I haven't appeared in court and i am wondering how to resolve this hanging over my head. I do have the help of the girl in the relationship as she now sees how silly it was. Please what process should i take to resolve this in NYS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">