• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkzc

I live in the state of Missouri.

I had been working for this new company for about 3 months. One night my sales manager and one of the bosses were out at a bar and they decides to give a page, asking me to meet them. That night I was introduces to one of the boss of the company through the sales manager, which I’m a friend of. That night my boss and I, lets call her miss “X” talk and had some drinks, nothing big. A couple of week’s later, Miss X calls me up and asked me to meet her at a bar. So we met again for some drinks and talking, but this time before leaving she starts to kiss me. I didn’t think any thing of it, and I went home. The next week Miss X took some of the employee’s out to eat and I was asked to go, so I went. After eating we all returned to the office after hours to get our cars. She asked me to go have drink with her at the bar next to the office so I did. While in the bar she started to kiss me repeatedly for sometime. When the bar was closing she then asked me to come back to the office with her, because she had to get something. When in the office she started to make sexual advances on my which evenly lead to intercourse. This occurred several different times through out the next couple of months. She began to call me daily, and then it turned into all the time. Miss X would come into work and flurt with me. This made other employee’s suspicious. She started to like me a little too much and I thought that for the safety of my job I better not tell her that I didn’t want any thing to do with her. She than began to ask me to find another job, because people at work were beginning to talk and she didn’t want her husband (which is another one of the owners) to find out. So my sales manager and I made up a two weeks’ notice. In between the two weeks
Miss X and her husband were on vacation when he overheard her telling one of her friends about what she had been doing. I then received the phone call telling me that I was no longer employed, and I could not go back to the office. She asked me to keep quiet and deny everything to husband for the safety of her marriage. I have save voicemail messages of her clearly harassing me. I need to know what kind of actions to take from here?

B

buddy2bear

Sexual harassment works both ways. I suggest that you either "walk away" or talk to a labor & employment attorney, file a charge with the EEOC and cross-file with your state's human rights division. There have been cases where males have won, although not a lot since most men don't file sexual harassment charges -- some kind of ego thing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">