• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for exiting an exit only lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolfygoddess

Calif. San Bernardino Co. On. Sun. I received a traffic ticket for violation 21461a. This is the scenario. i was in the exit only lane on 15 Fwy North. i exited out of the exit lane after signalling my intention to do so, as I had changed my mind about where to exit. When the traffic officer pulled me over, he stated they were now ticketing people who exit that lane because other drivers had complained that the exit lane exiters were taking cuts in front of them.

My question is this: Is it illegal to exit out of an exit only lane before getting off the Fwy? Please advise. I dont know if it would be worthwhile to try to fight the ticket. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Calif. San Bernardino Co. On. Sun. I received a traffic ticket for violation 21461a. This is the scenario. i was in the exit only lane on 15 Fwy North. i exited out of the exit lane after signalling my intention to do so, as I had changed my mind about where to exit. When the traffic officer pulled me over, he stated they were now ticketing people who exit that lane because other drivers had complained that the exit lane exiters were taking cuts in front of them.

My question is this: Is it illegal to exit out of an exit only lane before getting off the Fwy? Please advise. I dont know if it would be worthwhile to try to fight the ticket. Thanks.
Was the white line solid? Had you already passed the white "this lane must exit" sign?

CdwJava

wolfygoddess said:
If the line is a solid white line and properly signed, yes, it is illegal to leave the lane.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">