• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy to distribute?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1984child

This is in VA - A friend of mine was en route to meet someone with the intention of buying some ecstacy and was abruptly pulled out of his car when he stopped at a Wendys (where he was supposed to meet the guy), was arrested, charged with some Conspiracy to Distribute charge, searched, had his cellphone and items from his car confiscated, and spent the day in jail. Bottom line is, it was a totally BS charge, completely unconstitutional (all he did was pull up to a Wendy's), he only had like $30 on him so there's no way a major deal was going to take place. He was set up by the dealer guy (who apparently led police to believe he was middle-manning a deal involving hundreds of pills) and was arrested with a felony charge even though he never really followed through with anything. All he was guilty of was talking about something on a phone and pulling up to a Wendys. He got a lawyer and the judge dismissed it immediately and admonished the detective, from what I'm told. Now, even though it was dismissed, the felony arrest will still be on his record, right? Can he sue someone or something? That's a lot of time & money spent on something that was orchestrated just to get some narc off the hook at the expense of someone who hadn't broken any laws. Plus he was looking to get into the Navy which now he might have trouble getting clearances, because they ask not if one's been convicted, but if they've been charged with anything. It's messed up. What can he do?

Last edited:

smutlydog

This is in VA - A friend of mine was en route to meet someone with the intention of buying some ecstacy and was abruptly pulled out of his car when he stopped at a Wendys (where he was supposed to meet the guy), was arrested, charged with some Conspiracy to Distribute charge, searched, had his cellphone and items from his car confiscated, and spent the day in jail. Bottom line is, it was a totally BS charge, completely unconstitutional (all he did was pull up to a Wendy's), he only had like $30 on him so there's no way a major deal was going to take place. He was set up by the dealer guy (who apparently led police to believe he was middle-manning a deal involving hundreds of pills) and was arrested with a felony charge even though he never really followed through with anything. All he was guilty of was talking about something on a phone and pulling up to a Wendys. He got a lawyer and the judge dismissed it immediately and admonished the detective, from what I'm told. Now, even though it was dismissed, the felony arrest will still be on his record, right? Can he sue someone or something? That's a lot of time & money spent on something that was orchestrated just to get some narc off the hook at the expense of someone who hadn't broken any laws. Plus he was looking to get into the Navy which now he might have trouble getting clearances, because they ask not if one's been convicted, but if they've been charged with anything. It's messed up. What can he do?
conspiracy doesn't involve getting caught with anything. Only he knows how involved he really is or isn't. He would be a fool to let you in on what he is up too. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding but maybe it wasn't. Maybe the state dropped it so that the feds can pick it up. It is not uncommon for the feds to hold on to a case for several years before acting on it. Sometimes they wait for the criminal activity to reach a certain level then out of now where federal marshalls show up at your house with arrest warrants.

Can he sue someone or something?
It's a waist of time trying to sue. You don't want to be throwing rocks from a house that's made out of glass
PLEASE READ
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/criminal-conspiracy-lawyers.html

keep in mind what may have been unconstitutional 40 years ago might now be perfectly legal. This is due to the drug war.

2901bruce

conspiracy doesn't involve getting caught with anything. Only he knows how involved he really is or isn't. He would be a fool to let you in on what he is up too. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding but maybe it wasn't. Maybe the state dropped it so that the feds can pick it up. It is not uncommon for the feds to hold on to a case for several years before acting on it. Sometimes they wait for the criminal activity to reach a certain level then out of now where federal marshalls show up at your house with arrest warrants.

It's a waist of time trying to sue. You don't want to be throwing rocks from a house that's made out of glass
PLEASE READ
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/criminal-conspiracy-lawyers.html

keep in mind what may have been unconstitutional 40 years ago might now be perfectly legal. This is due to the drug war.
Sue?? What for? Your "friend" is a DOPE DEALER! He was set-up & now faces the consequences. Navy????????????????? Get real! For the answer that you're looking for - search this site, and find the post by seniorjudge which covers: "How to act/behave when you get to Prison).

1984child

Thanks for the good advice, everyone. It looks like he avoided prison though, if you read my post carefully you'd see it was dropped because the narc just picked someone and made the poor guy out to be way more important than he really is. He's not a "DOPE DEALER", he was trying to get something from a dope (if by "DOPE" you mean Ecstacy) dealer. It would cost too much and take too much effort to build up a case and send such a small fish to prison - even I know that much. I'm just thinking, it's kinda crazy that being set up for trying to buy a small, personal amount of E (and not even actually succeeding) could keep someone out of the service forever. It doesn't really seem all that farfetched that he'd make a good sailor, you know? Seems to me like he's seeking redemption, but I guess that went out with Carter.

As far as finding new friends (for God's sake)... maybe a smart move, but it would make me both a coward and a lousy friend. I don't know if you abandon YOUR friends when the going gets tough, but if you do, I imagine you have very shallow relationships. No offense.

Last edited:

fourtwunny

what the **** you guys are ****ing retarded you dont even know that guy dont start nothin dont be nothin - you never got int rouble never got laid either!!!

2901bruce

Thanks for the good advice, everyone. It looks like he avoided prison though, if you read my post carefully you'd see it was dropped because the narc just picked someone and made the poor guy out to be way more important than he really is. He's not a "DOPE DEALER", he was trying to get something from a dope (if by "DOPE" you mean Ecstacy) dealer. It would cost too much and take too much effort to build up a case and send such a small fish to prison - even I know that much. I'm just thinking, it's kinda crazy that being set up for trying to buy a small, personal amount of E (and not even actually succeeding) could keep someone out of the service forever. It doesn't really seem all that farfetched that he'd make a good sailor, you know? Seems to me like he's seeking redemption, but I guess that went out with Carter.

As far as finding new friends (for God's sake)... maybe a smart move, but it would make me both a coward and a lousy friend. I don't know if you abandon YOUR friends when the going gets tough, but if you do, I imagine you have very shallow relationships. No offense.
Well********************************************************.... send us an e-mail when your "friend" gets you both put in Prison.

smutlydog

I don't know if you abandon YOUR friends when the going gets tough

PLEASE READ :eek:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/snitch/procon/sterling.html

2901bruce

what the **** you guys are ****ing retarded you dont even know that guy dont start nothin dont be nothin - you never got int rouble never got laid either!!!
Hey fourtwunny! You come off like any other "Convict"! Just because you live the life of a LOSER, and I'm sure, a DRUGGIE... It doesn't mean that everyone else is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">