• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple cocaine possesion in a car...what to expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al7601

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I got arrested for possesion of cocaine in N.J. and got charged with possesion and I got a ticket for possesion in the car. I have a clean record, good job, and my own family. I'm not sure what the outcomes could be but I don't want to lose my license and I don't want to do any time. Is this possible?

2901bruce

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I got arrested for possesion of cocaine in N.J. and got charged with possesion and I got a ticket for possesion in the car. I have a clean record, good job, and my own family. I'm not sure what the outcomes could be but I don't want to lose my license and I don't want to do any time. Is this possible?
Was it Powder or Crack Cocaine?

2901bruce

powder....
Speak with a competent lawyer whom handles drug cases. Most offer a free, one-hour consultation. As long as it wasn't Crack Cocaine, & less than 1 or 2 grams (personal use).... You'll be OK. No jail time & very little probation (informal). You could have to attend a drug diversion program. Depending on the circumstances, you might even want to fight it, or plead it down.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">