• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vilolation 21461a, in Calif.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolfygoddess

What is the name of your state? Calif.
ok, I got a ticket Sunday for exiting out of an exit only lane on the 15 Fwy north. I had changed my mind about using this particular exit. Cop told me they were now ticketing people because other drivers complained that drivers were taking cuts in front of them. Does that in itself enough to be ticketed for? I can not find in the DMV handbook that that is illegal. Violation cited 21461a vc. must exit sign. That is all that is stated.

Is there any chance I could win with above scenario. Clean driving record for 20 Years. Needless to say I am very upset.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Calif.
ok, I got a ticket Sunday for exiting out of an exit only lane on the 15 Fwy north. I had changed my mind about using this particular exit. Cop told me they were now ticketing people because other drivers complained that drivers were taking cuts in front of them. Does that in itself enough to be ticketed for? I can not find in the DMV handbook that that is illegal. Violation cited 21461a vc. must exit sign. That is all that is stated.

Is there any chance I could win with above scenario. Clean driving record for 20 Years. Needless to say I am very upset.
Did you already pass the white sign? If not, was the line solid or striped?

racer72

21461. (a) It is unlawful for a driver of a vehicle to fail to obey
a sign or signal defined as regulatory in the federal Manual on
Uniform Traffic Control Devices, or a Department of Transportation
approved supplement to that manual of a regulatory nature erected or
maintained to enhance traffic safety and operations or to indicate
and carry out the provisions of this code or a local traffic
ordinance or resolution adopted pursuant to a local traffic
ordinance, or to fail to obey a device erected or maintained by
lawful authority of a public body or official.

You violated a must exit sign, the law is pretty clear. Traffic school is an option to reduce the impact of the ticket, inquire with the court to see if you are eligible.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
21461. (a) It is unlawful for a driver of a vehicle to fail to obey
a sign or signal defined as regulatory in the federal Manual on
Uniform Traffic Control Devices, or a Department of Transportation
approved supplement to that manual of a regulatory nature erected or
maintained to enhance traffic safety and operations or to indicate
and carry out the provisions of this code or a local traffic
ordinance or resolution adopted pursuant to a local traffic
ordinance, or to fail to obey a device erected or maintained by
lawful authority of a public body or official.

You violated a must exit sign, the law is pretty clear. Traffic school is an option to reduce the impact of the ticket, inquire with the court to see if you are eligible.
No, he was cited for violating an exit sign.
Now, if OP would answer the question(s) I asked, things would be more clear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">