• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disparity in wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alohaleah89

My employer has hired a new employee for the same job title that I hold. This new employee has six years less experience than I do and not nearly the same amount of education that I have. This new employee was hired at a substational higher pay rate than I am in. My employer also attempted to keep this information a secret. I work for a public agency.
I have filed a grievance with our governing board ref. the disparity in wages. Is there some other course of action I should be pursuing also?
Thank you

B

buddy2bear

You filed a grievance and you should wait for the administrative process to complete. However, it doesn't hurt to look up the Equal Pay Act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">