• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EEOC hearing 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

learnthelaw

What is the name of your state? CA

EEOC's federal hearing process is supposed to be designed so that the average complainant doesn't need legal representation. If you are finding that it's overwhelming, you need to discuss that with the Administrative Judge assigned to your case. The AJ can't give you advice, but should be able to help you understand the process and your rights and responsibilities.

Employing an attorney to represent you during the hearing can be fairly expensive. Many federal employees use experienced non-attorney representatives, who are less expensive. You need to ask around at your former agency. If the workforce was unionized, the union is a good place to start.
-------
You are right that it is indeed expensive to hire lawyer, and especially, I am out of CA
It is hard to communicate with lawyer from long distance and it would take a lot of time for the lawyer to understand the testimonies in the ROI.
From the Settlement Conference, it was apparently that both the Agency Representative and the Settlement Officer did not review the ROI so that when I made the case statement in which I quoted testimonies from the ROI, they both had to search the relevant pages in the ROI during the Settlement Conference, they took more than one hour to search the 4 pages while I was holding the phone. However, this quote was already addressed in my letter to the AJ and a copy was mailed to the Agency Representative more than 10 days ago. They both even did not read it. The Settlement Officer even did not have a copy of it. If I was represented by a lawyer who would charge hourly rate including the time that holding the phone.

I would like to find out the procedures to file motions. I tried to contact the AJ’s office, I left a message in the voice box, no returning call is received so far.
If you know how to get the information about the procedures from the AJ’s office
please let men know. Thanks!

P.S.
The last message was locked I don't know why so I have to post a new one.

mitousmom

As I recall, I gave you the weblink to EEOC's guidance on hearings. You need to go to it and read about the hearing process and procedures. You can also call 1-800-669-4000, EEOC's contact center, and ask for assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">