• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JONESY

What is the name of your state? GA
I have hired a lawyer to represent my boyfriend. This is a federal criminal case. My question is, Can my lawyer ask to be dismissed from the case after the case has already started? We are waiting on a verdict from the suppresion hearing and I still owe the lawyer $5000.00. There is no written agreement or contract signed, the lawyer just took my word that i would pay him the fees. I have all intentions on paying the lawyer the rest of the money and I send him money every two wks, its not like im not sending him any money at all. His secretary stated that they may ask to be dismissed from the case. Can they do that when I only owe them $5000.00 more and Im making payments every two weeks?

Sincerely, Jonesy

BelizeBreeze

Of course he can ask to be dismissed. It may or may not have anything to do with your payments. Why don't you ask the attorney. But then, since you are NOT the client, the attorney is under no obligation to tell you anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">