• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elder with possible dimensia/altzheimers issues wishes to sell all possessions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liz2005

What is the name of your state? NH

My father who lives with me will be moving to his own apartment and because he can't take all of his possessions, he refuses to allow me to put them in storage because he doesn't want me to have possession of his things because he's angry. He is looking to have someone come in and buy up all of his things, which some of them are my mothers things that he gave me after she passed away. Other things he wishes to sell or give to my Uncle are things that for years he wanted my sons to have. I do not want him to sell anything - is there anything that I can do to stop this?

rmet4nzkx

What is the name of your state? NH

My father who lives with me will be moving to his own apartment and because he can't take all of his possessions, he refuses to allow me to put them in storage because he doesn't want me to have possession of his things because he's angry. He is looking to have someone come in and buy up all of his things, which some of them are my mothers things that he gave me after she passed away. Other things he wishes to sell or give to my Uncle are things that for years he wanted my sons to have. I do not want him to sell anything - is there anything that I can do to stop this?
If your father has dementia, why on Earth would you be establishing him in an apartment, unsupervised? I suggest you consult an attorney who serves elderly clients and get your father appropriate medical care and if he has dementia then you need to consider becoming his conservator. Until then he is free to exercise his rights and can sell his belongings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">