• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Construction Breach Of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaby2424

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA. Hello, I signed a contract with a home builder for new home construction on October 6, 2005. According to the contract and the bank, the home should have been completed on August 6,2006. The house is only about 50% completed. I did take in consideration the rain which caused some of the delays.Now the builder said it will be another six months to complete.In the meantime I'm still required to pay the bank interest only payments. No work was done between Feb and June of 2006 according to the bank. Do I need to pursue legal action against the builder?

JETX

Do I need to pursue legal action against the builder?
No one can tell you what you NEED to do... however, it might be in your best interest to contact an attorney and ask that they intercede on your behalf and contact the builder for an explanation and a REAL schedule for completion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">