• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SPEEDING TICKET 48 in a 25

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laurra03

What is the name of your state? NJ

I recently got stopped and was given a speeding ticket for supposably going 48 in a 25 mph speeding zone. I am going to plead not guilty and my court date is on October 11th. I am looking for advice on what to do or say at court. In NJ its 4 points on your license and i can not afford my insurance to go up so i am trying to get the points taken off, although i know that may be unreasonable. I don't know if i should get a lawyer. I have never recieved a ticket before and i am just looking on advice for fighting my case.

You can either try to plea bargin with the DA or ask the judge for traffic school. If its your first ticket they will most likely be willing to work with you. Dont sweat it to much.
-JUG

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">