• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wierd Ebay Buy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tytan27813

Hi, I Live in indiana, to start off.. I bought a cell phone on ebay from a girl that lives in washington state. she didnt do anything to her phone, didnt erase a single thing. in the phone there are several text messages she and other ppl are corisponding about drug deals for example, asking if a friend had money to put down on some Coke or if they had some adderol to get high off of, etc. there is also a VIDEO of her friends doing MARIJUANA, there was a picture of a crack pipe too, but i accidently deleted it. i dont know what to do. its still in her name and still has her phone number on the phone. she wont give me any information of what the verification code is so i can switch it to my number. should i call my police or call her police about all the stuff that is on this phone? seeing as i bought the phone on ebay i know a lot of info on her, her address and phone number, and in her contacts there are all her drug friends numbers and her parents numbers too. i left her a voice message telling her i found all this info on her phone... i said if she gave me the v-code to deactivate the phone i would just erase everything and pretend i didnt see anything... but if she doesnt do anything... do i have any ability to take legal action? i havent added minutes to the phone i havent done anything to the phone other than look at all the evidence she sent to me of her drug habits. there is also a delivery confrmation number for when she sent me the phone so no one thinks they are MY messages, as everying on the phone is DATED around the middle of august of this year. do i have any legal action leverage and if i do, should i follow through?

1984child

I wouldn't recommend calling the police on that because it doesn't really affect you either way. You wouldn't necessarily be doing anyone a favor by turning them in, you'd just wind up making a bunch of college kids have to call one more person to get their drugs, and the dealer-in-question appears to be kind of sloppy anyway... so they'll probably get what's coming to them.

(Also, this may or may not be beside the point, but in my experience, drug people are often used to driving a long distance to settle business, and they do have your address.)

Last edited:

2901bruce

Hi, I Live in indiana, to start off.. I bought a cell phone on ebay from a girl that lives in washington state. she didnt do anything to her phone, didnt erase a single thing. in the phone there are several text messages she and other ppl are corisponding about drug deals for example, asking if a friend had money to put down on some Coke or if they had some adderol to get high off of, etc. there is also a VIDEO of her friends doing MARIJUANA, there was a picture of a crack pipe too, but i accidently deleted it. i dont know what to do. its still in her name and still has her phone number on the phone. she wont give me any information of what the verification code is so i can switch it to my number. should i call my police or call her police about all the stuff that is on this phone? seeing as i bought the phone on ebay i know a lot of info on her, her address and phone number, and in her contacts there are all her drug friends numbers and her parents numbers too. i left her a voice message telling her i found all this info on her phone... i said if she gave me the v-code to deactivate the phone i would just erase everything and pretend i didnt see anything... but if she doesnt do anything... do i have any ability to take legal action? i havent added minutes to the phone i havent done anything to the phone other than look at all the evidence she sent to me of her drug habits. there is also a delivery confrmation number for when she sent me the phone so no one thinks they are MY messages, as everying on the phone is DATED around the middle of august of this year. do i have any legal action leverage and if i do, should i follow through?

Tytan. I buy from Ebay all of the time. Go back & pull up the item that you bought in my ebay. Send a message to the seller letting her know that if she doesn't send the v-code, that you will contact the police. Also, you might want to call her cellular service provide, explain the situation, & see if they can help. If she gives you the v-code, you still could contact you local police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">