• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjhelpneeded

What is the name of your state? New York.

I had a boss that on a daily basis checked my work without ever letting me know of potential mistakes. She talked about me to eveyone but me. She would talk down to me daily. It got to the point that I went to HR and filed a harrassment complaint. I also spoke with her management which went no where. I would like to sue but do not know if I have a case, I quit the job.

mlane58

BB and morbukes are correct! To meet the definition, the employee must be able to show that s/he is being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin, age etc.). It has nothing to do with the atmosphere of your workplace, no matter how unpleasant or stupid your employer may be.

pjhelpneeded

One day

Each day I arrive at work at approx. 7:45am my official time is 9-5. I set up my workstation and work until approx 8:45 then go to pick up morning coffee takes approx 10 min. When I arrive back the boss tells me I am not to leave my station. I explain the daily routine of coffee at 8:45 and back before the official start of day. I was told not to come in at all before 9:00am it was distracting for her. So instead of working an extra hour on my time she perfer I only show up at 9:00. Once I started that she complained to others that I do not take my job seriously. Still no case?

What is the name of your state? New York.

I had a boss that on a daily basis checked my work without ever letting me know of potential mistakes. She talked about me to eveyone but me. She would talk down to me daily. It got to the point that I went to HR and filed a harrassment complaint. I also spoke with her management which went no where. I would like to sue but do not know if I have a case, I quit the job.
You do not have a case, you Quit, now move on.;)

mlane58

NO--nothing in your post remotely suggets that anything illegal has transpired at all. Time to look for another position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">