• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OliverKC

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hey, Maybe somebody can help me here....
I bought a used car (as is) on 9/15 and I picked up the car on 9/21. I did a test run the day when I bought the car and everything was working. When I picked up the car, I realized that the speed indicator was not working the whole time when driving (and in this case, the odometer does not work too) . I contacted the dealership but they denied fixing it (arguments: as is car; was working when I bought the car).
I am not from the US, so maybe somebody can help me if I have a possibility to return the car or get it fixed? Thanks a lot!

BL

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hey, Maybe somebody can help me here....
I bought a used car (as is) on 9/15 and I picked up the car on 9/21. I did a test run the day when I bought the car and everything was working. When I picked up the car, I realized that the speed indicator was not working the whole time when driving (and in this case, the odometer does not work too) . I contacted the dealership but they denied fixing it (arguments: as is car; was working when I bought the car).
I am not from the US, so maybe somebody can help me if I have a possibility to return the car or get it fixed? Thanks a lot!

Generally used auto dealers can sell autos " AS-IS " , but they need to be up to safety codes .

I don't believe either issues you describe would be a vehicle Safety issue .

You would have a tough time proving these issues happened before you drove off with it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">